Facebook and Zynga threatened with shutdown by Anonymous hacktivists in retaliation for gaming giant's layoff
- Hackers have threatened to shut down sites on November 5, which marks Guy Fawkes Day
- The threat by Anonymous comes after Zynga slashed its workforce of 3,000 employees by 5 per cent
- The gaming giant, known for FarmVille and Words With Friends, allegedly plans to outsource jobs to India
- The 'hacktivists' have targeted Zynga for its 'outrageous treatment of their employees'
- The online activist group, known as
Anonymous, has threatened to shut down Zynga and Facebook, days after
the gaming giant announced it was laying off 5 per cent of its
workforce.The group is
targeting the San Francisco based company because of 'the outrageous
treatment of their employees and their actions against many developers,'
an unidentified member of the group, donning their trademark Guy Fawkes
mask, announced in a YouTube video posted on Sunday.
Slamming the tech firm for slashing its employee base while sitting on 'billion dollars cash,' the hackers threatened to release games it has stolen from Zynga's server, in addition to shutting down both Zynga and Facebook on November 5